Following the adventures of Booster Gold
Random Blurb of the Moment: Thanks to the webmaster of Boosterrific.com for linking me!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Booster and JL:GL

Oh how I love the second Wednesday of the month! Two new issues featuring Booster Gold. I won't give too much away here - and I'll probably get to the first of the reviews later this week - but I wanted to put down some preliminary thoughts.

!!!POSSIBLE SPOILERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

I've actually had the chance to read them both already, and I'm not disappointed by either. We find out two key pieces of information in JL:GL, the issue does a lot with Blue Beetle (though the cover is kinda a giveaway there), and pits our newfound JLI against an old ally...

BG#33 was fine. I was thankful that the crowded speech balloons were lessened this issue and the humor was toned down just a teeny bit. Seeing a snapshot of Booster from back then really underlined just how much he's changed (and for the better).

So, the reformed JLI looks like this so far:

Booster Gold
Captain Atom
Fire
Ice
Blue Beetle

Could Rocket Red join back in? I think it'd make sense - why else pit the team against the brigade?

No comments:

Post a Comment