Following the adventures of Booster Gold
Random Blurb of the Moment: Thanks to the webmaster of Boosterrific.com for linking me!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The new Justice League has me seeing red!!! A first look.

Just finished with the issue and while I am currently on vacation, I nonetheless plan to have the full review posted within the next couple of days.

I think that #4 was exactly what it needed to be. We're seeing more of Max and we're getting closer to his plan - whatever it may be. The whole group is in one place, so no diversions next issue. We will be getting some answers - true or otherwise - from Maxwell Lord.

Once again, we find some answers in this book, but many more questions.

We now know how the team was brought together - it was Max's direct interference. But why? For what purpose? If we are to believe Maxwell's diatribe to Booster when he was discovered in the former JLI embassy in New York, he looks fondly on those days and claims to regret shooting Ted Kord... what could the reason possibly be? These people have no reason to trust him.

I know that Keith Giffen would like to right the ship as far as Max Lord goes; I'm not certain how much that can happen. Can anyone imagine, barring a severe retcon (and for Mr. Lord, that would not be the first), how Booster could ever get past the murder of his best friend? I can't see it. The reason for Booster's developing maturity has been his dedication to the memory of Ted Kord.

Anyway, I'm going to have to force myself to stop here, because I don't want to make my formal review too redundant! My format may change a bit this week, as now there is much more to discuss four issues into the strip. I'm also going back and reading the trade paperbacks of the old Justice League run from the late '80s just for fun as I do this.

Until my next post, have a Boosterrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment